Want to share your story, but staring at a blank page or a blinking cursor? Here are some writing prompts and questions to help you get started.
- Did you grow up in a culture where “courtship” or “dating with intention” was the norm? What was that like? How did it affect relationships in your church, or in your youth group?
- Did reading I Kissed Dating Goodbye change how you viewed relationships and/or sex? How?
- One of the strongest messages of the book is that “courtship” or “dating with intention” has specific roles for men and women in dating and marriage. Did this message affect how you understood gender roles?
- Did the culture around I Kissed Dating Goodbye affect your married life? In what ways?
- If you grew up believing that “courtship” or “dating with intention” was the ideal, but eventually decided to date “casually” — using Joshua’s meaning– what were those dating experiences like?
- If you’re LGBT+, did I Kissed Dating Goodbye affect your understanding of your orientation or gender identity?